Fire Safety Training
This half-day Fire safety training course covers the role of the designated fire marshal (fire warden). You will learn about preventing fires and learn about the different types of fire extinguisher and how to use them correctly.
Fire Safety training for staff is a legal requirement in the UK under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO) which came into effect in October 2006.
Essex Forklift Training offers tailored fire safety training courses in the following areas:
- Session 1 - Legal Requirements
- Session 2 - First Aid Fire fighting
- Session 3 - Offices
- Session 4 - Warehouses
- Session 5 - Factories
- Session 6 - In Homes
- Session 7 - Portable Heaters
Please note that sessions 1 & 2 are included in all courses
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety
- designated fire marshals
- Any staff member who would benefit from additional knowledge regarding fire safety
What You Will Learn
The course will present an understanding of fire regulations and general fire precautions. It aims to provide you with the knowledge to be become a fire marshal and best practice in the event of an emergency.
- Fire safety Legislation
- Fire risks in your workplace
- The role of the fire marshal
- Fire safety precautions
- Fire prevention
- Good housekeeping
- Action on discovering a fire
- Common causes of fire
- Fire drills and evacuation
- The chemistry of fire
- Fire extinguishers and their use
- Theoretical assessment
Assessment & Certification
All trainees will receive a certificate of training valid for three years.
Please Note: Maximum 12 trainees per course, 2 courses can be covered in one day.